The pocket near UTD (University of Texas – Dallas) is a high-in-demand areas for families and investors. This area has generally homes built in 1950s to 1970s, with occassional newer homes.
1. Closer to some of the best school districts – JJ Pearce is one of the highly rated high schools in the DFW metro, and has attracted many families to relocate here when their children are ready to attend High School.
2. Good elementary & middle schools – there is a wide selection of good elementary and middle schools in this area.
3. Very close to UTD – which is also helping many students to select these areas, hence creating another rental market.
4. International students as investors – this area is attracting many international students looking for investment properties in the U.S. as the price is very reasonable, many international students will rent for one year and purchase a house nearby eventually.
5. Telecommunications corridor – this area is also near the “telecommunications corridor” of Dallas, which has been a rapid increase of companies moving their headquarters to the nearby business parks including both telecommunications, IT Services and seminconductor firms. Many families here work at nearby companies.
6. Popular for university employees- UTD is also a major employer in the area, many employees working at UTD are also looking for nearby properties for themselves.
As such – areas near UTD have been very popular for investors due to strong rental demand from 3 to 4 different target groups.
Opportunities are scare here as they are always in high demand, however, opportunities are possible both for condos and single family homes, as well as some selective land developments.
If you are looking for properties in these areas, please contact me for more information:
Keller Williams Realty
Phone: (469) 347 1839