Analysis – This is a fixer upper opportunity.
Analysis and Notes by our team:
This is an interesting property, 2 bedrooms, plus another smaller room either can be used as a den or as a smaller bedroom. Property needs works, it is next to a 4-plex apartment, it does share a back wall with some shops. Location is quite convenient, it does need some works especially painting and flooring, some molds can be seen in the basement, most updates are relating to cosmetic updates. It backs / shares a common fence with retail at back, which is on a main street. This street has several multi-family properties from 2-plexes to 4-plexes.
- Location: B, although in Austintown, it is next to a 4-plex, and next to a retail shop.
- Neighborhood: B+, nice, leafy, but seems to be a mixed area
- Configuration: B-, layout is kind of like 2.5 bedrooms, lot size is kind of strange, but lots of interior space inside.
- Rentability: Possibly $700 to $800 range based on our experience, though location may have a discount to the normal Austintown rent.
Analysis on 4147 Norquest Blvd Austintown
Location Rating: B+
Neighorhood Rating: B+
Property Condition: B-
Basement Condition: B-
Rentability: Possibly over $800 and towards $900 range if condition is really good.
Special Notes: Layout is good, nice corner lot, very leafy, neighbors maintain their properties well. Basement looks outdated and dirty but mainly just needs repainting, no molds were found. Special caution was that there are some cracks on ceiling and not sure if they are caused by water leaks or soil shifting. Storm door is jammed, attached garage is a bonus.
1. Location: A, we have several properties in this location, no issues.
2. Neighborhood: A, very family oriened neighborhood and less multi-families in this area.
3. Configuration: Standard size, but a bit smaller than some of nearby homes, no basement, so utilities are next to stairways.
4. Rental Analysis: Our experience shows this area can rent out between $750 to $800 range, this is a smaller property, so it could be around $700 to $725 range.
Special Notes: Recommend to install hand rails for stairways as a safety caution.